Changes in the EUDXF Board

In the past weeks it became clear that Kenneth LA7GIA decided to step back as a EUDXF Board member.
Unfortunately there would be no AGM this year due to the Covid-19 situation which forced the remaining boardmembers to carefully check the rules to find a solution. As a result Achim DF3EC was asked to take the vacant seat as he was the runner-up during the last held AGM. Achim accepted the request and became EUDXF Board Member again.

The EUDXF Board like to say THANK YOU to Kenneth LA7GIA for his period as board member and expecially for the fresh ideas he brought with him.
Also THANK YOU Achim for taking the vacant position in the board.

 

LA7GIA
Ken Opskar

DF3EC
Prof. Dr. Achim Rogmann
Board Member

 

EUDXF supports VU4R Dxpedition

The EUDXF Board decided to support the upcoming VU4R DXpedition to Andaman and Nicobar Islands

The VU4R Team will be on the air March 20-31 mainly focusing on 160, 80 and 40 and hoping to get on 60 meters too, a first time thing from there. They will also be in the CQ WPX Contest.

On the operator list for this Andamans operation are VU2ABS, VU2BGS, VU2DED, VU2DSI, VU2GHO, VU2KWJ, VU2NT, VU2RS (ex-VU3RSB) and VU3UFE.

The QTH will be the northern tip of Neil Island with a clear shot to Europe and North America. All the antennas will be on the beach.

QSL via M0OXO.

There will also be a Club Log upload when the network connection allows.

There will be at least three stations on the air. They will have a SteppIR and hexbeam for the higher bands and verticals for the lower ones.

More info on their website:  http://vu4r.vu3rsb.org

T30ET – Postponed for COVID-19

Alex 5B4ALX writes to the EUDXF:

I am extremely sorry to inform you and all the donors that I have just received the following communication from the Ministry of Health of Kiribati:

Mauri Alessandro

you will need to undergo the 14 days quarantine in Honiara and to obtain a medical clearance before travelling to Kiribati

ko rabwa

Therefore T30ET is currently postponed to October 2020

I am considering, if Singapore Airlines does not agree to reprotect me in October, rather than losing 5000 eur of tickets and baggage allowance, an alternative destination that can be reached from Brisbane without travel restrictions but I don’t see many alternatives.

5B4ALX – Alex