It is not easy to determine if and with what amount an expedition will be supported. In general it can be said that the expedition’s destination has to be in the top of the Most Wanted List. IOTA activities will only be considered when the entity to which the island belongs is also in the Most Wanted List.
When you apply for support the following items will be considered:
- position in the Clublog Most Wanted List for Europe.
- As a guideline a position within the Top 50 is required.
- recent activities from the country you will go to
- expected number of QSO’s
- the expedition team
- equipment and antennas
- overall costs
- EUDXF membership
- QSL practice
- the operation must be accepted for DXCC credit
- educational and humanitarian activities
Once support has been granted we expect the following from the expedition:
- EUDXF Logo
- The EUDXF logo should be printed on the DXpedition QSL cards. In exceptional cases approved by EUDXF the support can be mentioned in another format.
- When the DXpedition has a website the support should be mentioned there, including the EUDXF logo.
- QSL Practice
- The DXpedition shall at least answer all incoming QSL cards
- direct cards with sufficient compensation for return postage shall be answered via mail
- The DXpedition shall offer the EUDXF QSL service
- all other cards via the bureau
- the log will be uploaded to Logbook of the World within six months after the expedition
- An expedition QSL card shall be presented for the EUDXF QSL card collection.
- EUDXF and UX5UO QSL are partners and offer QSL benefits to DXpeditions and members.
- The use of the EUDXF suffix in the DXpedition call is rewarded by the EUDXF. Full QSL printing cost will be payed for on top of the sponsorship.
- DXCC credit
- The operation must be accepted for DXCC credit
- Expedition report
- At the latest six months after the expedition an expedition report shall be available for publication in the EUDXF newsletter and the EUDXF website
Payment of sponsorship
After successful completion of the DXpedition and when the above requirements are met, EUDXF shall take care of the payment of the announced support to the applicants bank account. The following information has to be provided:
- name and address of the bank
- bank account number
- name of the account holder
- address of the account holder
Application for support
Applications for support shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org